I’m in Brasil and the weather is gorgeous. The expo sent a driver and a tour guide/interpreter to show us around Sau Paulo. We stopped and had coffee at a quaint coffee shop in this gorgeous shopping center. On the way out something sparkly caught my eye and I looked back to see these two men hanging from the building hanging Christmas Lights. The front of the center was already decked out in an extravagant Christmas theme. I’ll never get use to seeing Christmas in a warm climate.
I’ve observed a few things since I left for Brasil
- I can’t believe how great I looked after being jammed into coach for 10 hours with no sleep
- My hair looks fabulous… and we girls know that’s the most important thing in life
- They spell Brasil with an S instead of a Z
- They love cheesy bread, if they put a basket of bread in front of you at a restaurant and you eat any of it you pay big bucks! Stay away from the cheesy bread dammit.
- Motorcycles can drive between cars like demons
- They ask if you want gas in your water
- Tons of tall buildings
- 19 million people live in the Sau Paula metro area
- They’re toilets are square
- Lots and lots of grafitti
I’ve found out today that the audience will be wearing headsets and someone will be interpreting while I speak… that should be interesting. 79-degrees tomorrow and breesy7 comments