I’M BACK! I’ve thawed out from the winter.
FACEBOOKME!… it’s become one long word. When parting nowadays people say good bye and then add “Facebookme!” It’s become part of our vocabulary. For the last couple of days I’ve been tagging images that my clients have posted on Facebook. I’ve also started posting images from my shoots on Facebook… starting to join the club.
I’ve been a bit nervous because your profile is suppose to be for personal use and you need to have a “business” page for any business. Problem is I started using my personal for business and most of my friends ect are on that page.
This leads me to this… HOW HARD IS IT TO BE INVISIBLE?
You have to really try these days to fly under the radar. Case in Point.
LISA BROOKE SAUNDERS… where are you?
I innocently let her off the hook, thinking she wrote a bad check to me and was just young and had bad bookkeeping habits. Well come to find out her bookkeeping is just fine as far as she’s concerned. She never planned on honoring her check to me and Tammy.
I take it personal because it’s such an intimate service we provide to the client. Her check has been floating around my office for the past two years. I decided to look into it again last week… a bit of sleuthing took place. Unexpected results to say the least. It went something like this.
The back story
Lisa mentioned she was moving to LA and that she needed the images right away. I do have a bad habit of holding on to checks for way too long so that wouldn’t of helped me anyway. Tammy deposited it right away and the problem was, it caused her to bounce checks, so she had bank fees totally $70. So not only did she not get paid it cost her time, gas money, babysitting and bank costs to do this scammers makeup and hair.
My Day Went Like This
- Looked for her on Facebook first… nope
- Googled… yes, but I was very surprised what I found.
- She was listed on a website called www.scamtrail.com. Her drivers license was pictured, alias’s, phone numbers used, addresses ect. When I ran into this it really pissed me off. I decided to continue because it looked liked she still lived in Michigan… not LA
- I then called the administrator of the website she was listed on www.scamtrail.com. I talked to him and he had no idea his name was being used. He mentioned he had his identity stolen three years ago. It then made sense to him why other people called about bad checks. I mentioned he should look into it and take off his name.
- She has a “so-called” party business called www.arrangingalloccations.com Allegedly takes your money and doesn’t deliver. Looking at her website there are tons of red flags. No names, no phone numbers… basically nothing. The phone numbers she does use says she hasn’t set up her mail boxes yet.
- I then started typing in phrases that like Lisa Brooke Saunders bad checks ect. That led me to a web site called www.beenverified.com. For the first lookup it’s only $1.95, after that it’s $20 for each lookup. That was interesting, I found out lots of info, family members, past addresses, where she lives right now, (right down the street!) current phone number, sex offenders that live near her (with pics), criminal record, property owned, bankruptcies.
- I then called the so called current number… I left a message and thought it was her. I got a call back later but unfortunately it wasn’t her.
- Dead end
There is no moral to the story… but it shows that no one can really hide anymore. So much of our info is public record. You have to work at not being found… she’s workin at it. Someone will know her, you can’t hide.
I WANT MY MONEY!… and so does Tammy
Do you know Lisa?
Detroit Model Photographers Mary DuPrie
ps… my next post will be a bit more perky!9 comments