It Never Ends

Detroit Michigan Portfolio Photography by Mary DuPrie

The sitting never ends, it’s really out of control.  Something keeps popping up.  The list doesn’t go away, it just changes.  I would have to say my shooting is 5% and the rest is 95% and most of that is sitting right here on my computer.

I write  a list every day of what I’d like to accomplish on the computer… some things are absolute and some are floaters.  Day to day to day.

I need to accept credit cards more efficiently and have to research that.  I see Costco offers it for executive members.  It looks like they have a great offer for Executive members.  I’m expecting a call back on that.  I think by not accepting them over the phone it’s become a work flow glitch.

I can’t find my workshop html page to add that we’re  making backgrounds on Friday night.

So I’d like to say here…


I installed CS5 today.  Can’t find all my actions, work spaces and so much more.  Not sure why but my clone tool is always weird afterward.

Couldn’t for the life of me find all my actions, only some.  Finally gave up and and started  them from scratch.  ugg

When I don’t buy a disc with a plug in purchase I can’t remember how to do an upgrade?

My brain seems to be dead when I do upgrades.  I feel like I go backgrounds for quite a while.  Played with the HDR effect for a bit this afternoon.  I feel it would be good for the right project in the right dose.

I’m understanding one of the biggest mistakes when starting out was not choosing a great user name and password.  I can’t believe how many user/password combos I have floating around. Some of my passwords are 6, some 7 and some 8… some need a capital, some need a number and some need both!

I’ve tried to go to the US post office site and set up an account… forget about it.    Understanding what kind of password is needed was impossible.  They even wanted a character… I give

5 comments category: Photographing models

1 David October 15, 2010 at 8:55 am

Hey Mary!

I would suggest using 1Password which is what I use to keep all my passwords in order. They have an iPhone app which syncs with the desktop software. I find it handy and have used it for the past few years.

Hope that helps a bit. =)


2 Mary DuPrie October 15, 2010 at 10:54 am

Hey David

maybe i should start changing them one by one… i’ve had some for years and have just left them that way. it’s out of control

how does 1password work… is it an app?


3 David October 16, 2010 at 12:43 am

Hello Mary!

Yep, it’s an app for the iPhone as well as for PC/Mac. It keeps your passwords, generates them and also auto logs you into sites. It works well and it’s highly rated. I just use it to keep track of all of mine. I found it to be quite useful. =)
David recently posted..How to embed official Tweet Buttons on a self-hosted WordPress Blog


4 Stephanie October 15, 2010 at 8:24 am

Hi Mary,
You may not need to start from scratch on your actions, some work in 32 bit mode on CS5, check here:

You can also copy your actions from the last version and load into CS5


5 Mary DuPrie October 15, 2010 at 10:53 am

ahhh yes, but I couldn’t even find them to copy… all my others were there. i looked for my .atn files

if you just click on them they will load into the new files… not sure why the ones i made don’t show up


Leave a Comment

CommentLuv badge

Previous post:

Next post: